Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 31 Santiago to Finisterre

Today was our final day to say goodbye to my Camino friends.  Jacques had told us a few days ago that he wanted to host us for a nice breakfast in Santiago, so today was the day.
The people at the breakfast were: Jacques, Michael, Frank, Alfonso and I.
This was a time to reflect about each of our Caminos.  It was not a sad time as one of the things that I learned about this Camino experience is that there is always  new opportunities to experience friendships and share stories. I will always remember my Camino friends.
After breakfast Frank and I took the bus to Finisterre, a 3 hour trip.
Our hotel has amazing water views and after leaving my backpack there, we walk the 3.5 kms to Finisterre's lighthouse.  This is what people have determined is the end of the Camino.
The experience of reaching this place for me was similar to when I visited and walked around Uluru, incredibly spiritual in nature.
We walked around the area for some time before returning to the town area.
We had dinner at a restaurant close to the hotel, food was very good but the place was rather noisier.
Spoke with Pam via video Skype. 
Tomorrow we return to Santiago.
Bye for now. Jose 

1 comment: